The Largest Fund Creator in California
Doss Law, LLP is the largest fund creator in California. We are the architects of Mortgage Pools, REITs, Real Estate Funds, Distressed Real Estate Asset Funds and Opportunity Zone Funds. After we start a fund for our clients, they continue to utilize us for licensing, loan document drafting, compliance, securities filings, DRE/DFPI defense, etc.
Both mortgage and real estate funds provide an attractive opportunity for investors to aggregate funds and have them managed by an experienced fund manager. The investors achieve a return based upon the performance of the pool of assets in the fund. Diversification is also an advantage. The pooling process is faster and more efficient than painstakingly matching investors up to individual deals. However, investments must adhere to a fixed set of rules in the PPM and investors must meet certain minimum qualifications. All material facts must be disclosed to avoid violations of state and federal securities laws.
Our firm can help you manage this process. Our fixed price package of legal services is essentially “soup to nuts.” For a new fund, our legal services include:
- Architecture and Consulting. We will work with you on the details of your fund, offering, its structure, the mechanics of the offering and answer your questions as they come up starting with our retention and ending 60 days after your offering opens.
- Entities. If necessary, we will create the entity that will house the fund as well as a new company to serve as manager of the fund.
- Disclosures. We will prepare a PPM for you as well as its exhibits, such as the: subscription agreement, operating agreement, manager entity documents, note (if necessary), custodial agreement (if necessary), etc.
- Marketing. We will review and revise your marketing materials.
- Securities. We will advise you on the appropriate securities exemption to utilize initially and why your securities exemption may need to change in the future.
- Initial Filings. We will file the Form D with the SEC and your home state.
If you wish to become a client, contact us, and let us help you prosper — safely.