What Will I be Able to Do After this Training?
This course is the nuts and bolts of starting and operating a hard money loan business. When you finish, you will know how to:
- File your business entity
- Secure required licensing
- Define your loan products
- Provide borrowers with a letter of intent that protects you
- Secure the commitment of the borrower to only work with you
- Perform every step in the underwriting process
- Make presentations to private investors
- Get borrower disclosures and loan docs drawn
- Understand and know when to deliver investor disclosures and contracts (provided)
- Fractionalize a loan
- Open escrow and order preliminary title reports
- Study a title report, order endorsements and secure a loan policy of title insurance
- Close a loan
- Set up loan servicing and secure your “spread”
- Comply with DRE reporting responsibilities
You will walk away with the tools you need to make hard money loans lawfully. Do not build your business on a weak foundation. Get it right from the beginning and sleep on a pillow full of dollars you know you can keep.
© Doss Law, LLP. Attorney advertising materials. These materials have been prepared for educational purposes only and are not legal advice. This information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Consult a knowledgeable lawyer before implementing any of the ideas in this publication.